Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Great remix package here from 2020 Vision from the Crazy P Remixes album. The package features remixes from Maurice Fulton, Bonar Bradberry, and Huxley to name a few.
NYC's Wolf + Lamb feat. Slow Hands is the one doing the business for me with their re-rub of 'We Can Only Be Who We Are’. It's emotive guitar licks, subtle bass and enchanting vocal hook setting the tone for sunsets across the globe in 2013. Stunning.
I didn't realise that the Slow Hands Mix of Sandro Perri's 'The Drums' had been given a digital release after dropping on wax last summer. Well worth checking out if you haven't already. Summer is on it's way kids. Believe the hype.
Posted by Ben Monk at 16:04
Saturday, 26 January 2013
Bit of DD love here for good friends of mine Joe Brooke-Smith and Miles Davies. Having thrown their under-the-radar Ears Have Eyes parties in East London over the last 3 years, they have made the jump into the world of label ownership with the creation of 'Ears Have Eyes Recordings'.
The focus for the label is not to put out a prolific selection of throwaway releases to blend in with the crowds but to deliver cherished pieces of music crafted by artists who believe in what they do. "Whether it be post punk, dub-disco, acid folk or warm analogue house the mission is to create a string of releases infused with love, character and personality".
The first release more than achieves this and comes in the form of a lovely little 10" vinyl and digital release featuring post-punk outfit 'Snapped Ankles'. Lead track 'True Ecology (shit everywhere)' is post punk stomper with bags of energy. Bloody infectious too. The flip see's Joe and Miles work their magic with their 'Fools Mix', shunting the track back into more familiar dance floor territory with a dubbed out disco/house feel.
Both the lead track and the remix are working the magic here. Really good stuff. My vinyl arrived with a hand written note signed by a certain Mr Terry Wogan too. I can't confirm or deny if this was the man himself but it'll do until I'm informed otherwise. If it's good enough for Tel.........
Available to buy now at Bandcamp
Posted by Ben Monk at 13:23
Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Monday, 21 January 2013
1. Sailor & I - Tough Love (Aril Brikha Remix) [Art of Vengence]
2. James Welsh - The Way [Join The Dots]
3. Fiori - Andiamo [Tigers on a Leash]
4. Marcus Marr - Pleasure Moon (DJ Version) [DFA]
5. Peter Horrevorts - Siren [Be Real]
6. Posthuman - Apophenia [Horn Wax]
7. 40 Thieves - Theme From Nutrider [Permanent Vacation]
8. The Milk - The Road (6th Borough Project Udder Dub)[The Milk]
9. Pollyester - Voices (Boris K Remix)[Permanent Vacation]
10. Feist - Inside & Out (Ewan Pearson & Usher Vocal Version)
11. Casino Times - Heart Strings [Wolf 017]
12. Mathew Herbert - It's Only (DJ Koze Remix) [PAMPA]
13. Last Mood - Sequence In Time (Anthony Mansfield Remix) [Delayed Audio]
14. Ooft! - Arbitrary [Foto Recordings]
15. Paskal & Urban Absolutes - Bilk (Henry L & Ingo Sänger Remix) [Quintessentials]
16. Toby Tobias - Pathfinder [Delusions of Grandeur]
17. Mid Air - Ease Out (The Revenge Rework) [Z Recorsd]
18. Sixth Avenue - Jump Leads [Soul Heat Records]
19. The XX - Chained (John Talabot & Pional Blinded Remix)
20. Jimpster - These Times [Freerange]
Updated 24th Feb with 3 extra tracks. Please click the links if you want to buy the tracks you like
Posted by Local Zeros at 12:37
Monday, 14 January 2013
PillowTalk - Long Lost Friends (Original Mix)
DJ Raw Sugar - Uptight (Space Disco Fix)
Do I Believe In God (LNTG Muscle Mix)
Sleazy McQueen - Live Without It
B-Jam - Feel This
DJ Steef - Rising South Cost
Gredits - Sister Peak
Change - Paradise (Brevil's VicsDisco Edit)
Deadly Sins - Fever
Joe Cocker Ft. Eva Cassidy - The Letter (Chunk A Bud Remix)
Marvin Gaye - What It Is Going On (Cole Medina Remix)
Jimi Hendrix and Band of Gypsys - Who Knows (Suonho Raw-Dub)
Sunday, 13 January 2013
The latest release in the Ruf Kutz series is due to land anytime soon. RK #7 showcases some more sounds from Glowing Palms. There are no sound clips available right now but if this release sounds anything like "I Don't Wanna Come Daaaan" as featured on RK # 3 then we're in for a treat.
Here's a great little mix from Glowing Palms that was recorded at the Social Monster Summer Shakedown at The Big Chill House last August.
Posted by Ben Monk at 16:46