Thursday, 29 December 2011
Not sticking to just one genre this is a twisted disco & house mix including up for it disco party bangers & proper house tracks, some of which might make your brain melt. Click the links to buy or download the tracks you like. Comments always appreciated. Hopefully I'll get time to make the next part of the Sub100 series in the next few days b4 moving house. Happy New Year.x
Local Zero's No Fly Zone Mix by Local Zero
1. B-Jam - No Fly Zone [Forthcoming on Superbreak]
2. Actual Proof - The Grit (Original Disco Mix) [Local Talk]
3. The Slacksons - Gathering (Blunted Funk Mix)
4. Pattern Select - Tale of the Tape (Cottam Remix)
5. Jay Shepheard - Off The Bridge [Electric Minds]
6. Homework Brothers - Feel It (Elektric Dancer Remix) [Aural Graffiti]
7. Juvenile Delinquency - Tonight (Feeling Great Edit)
8. Disco Deviance - Jump On The Floor (Pete Herbert & Dicky Trisco Edit)
9. Mike Burns – No Strings Attached
10. Jay Shepheard - Fuzzy Border [Electric Minds]
11. Leo Zero – Physical Thrill
12. Bazar – Hard To Find (Maceo Plex Funk Drop) [Ellum Audio]
13. Simon Garcia – Grey Area [2020 Vision]
14. Christian Burkhardt - Cheech [Hive Audio]
15. Vincenzo – Sometimes Saturday (Tom Middleton Remix)
Saturday, 24 December 2011
The Unity Agency and it's roster have been sharing some Christmas joy with a selection box of fine tracks for free download. There are more to come on the lead up to NYE so if you are not already following them do so, as they are shared for a week privately to followers only before being made public.
Here are a couple of the tracks shared so far from Rayko & Matthew Kyle.
You are in my system (Rayko Edit) // Exclusive D/L #4 by The Unity Agency
Matthew Kyle - Inside Love // Exclusive D/L #6 by The Unity Agency
Wednesday, 21 December 2011
New mix here dedicated to those people who I have had the pleasure of partying with after the party in 2011. Nothing too serious here - just a selection of after hours music that makes us smile and spill our drinks with a few new favourites inbetween.
International Feel –Forbidden Love
The Isley Brothers - Footsteps in The Dark (Vins Edit)
Donna Summer – State of Independence (Extended Version)
UB40 – Don’t Break My Heart
D-Pulse - Velocity of Love (Hot Toddy Mix)
Michael Mcdonald - Keep Forgetting (LNTG Rework)
Exile - Kiss You All Over (Tony Johns Version)
Talking Heads - This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)
Queen – Radio Ga Ga (Combo Re Edit)
The Groovers – All Night
Fritz Zander & Johnjon - Another Night In Rented Rooms
Space Dimension Controller - The Love Quadrant
Wham – Everything She Wants (Extended Version)
See you all in 2012
Saturday, 17 December 2011
New mix featuring hot tracks from DeadRose MusicCompany, Cole Medina, Eddie C, Tornado Wallace, Andy Ash, LeSale & B.G.Baarregaared, one to watch in 2012. Click the links to buy or download the tracks you like.
Local Zero's Kissing In The Dark Mix by Local Zero
1. Chris Carter – Moonlight (Neurotic Drum Band version)
2. Vincenzo – 106 (Genius of Time Remix)
3. Style – Playboy (B.G.Baarregaard Rework)
4. Andy Ash – Think About Me All The Time
5. Mike Gill – Prankstar
6. Good Guy Mikesh & Filburt - Gold Snake (Eddie C Remix)
7. Tornado Wallace – Insect Overlords
8. LeSale – Make Me Feel Good
9. B.G.Baarregaard – Got You
10. Son of Sound – Spirit Catcher
11. Bogdan Irkük - My Weakness (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)
12. Washed Out - You’ll See It (Midland Remix)
13. Cole Medina - HouseFeelsSoGood
14. Dead Rose Music Company – Kissing In The Dark
Friday, 9 December 2011
Deep House mix with tracks from James Johnston, Axel Boman, Tornado Wallace, Manuel Tur, Idjut Boys, Mic Newman & Brighton's Sumsuch. 117 to 122bpm. Please click the links to buy the tracks you like.
Local Zero's Mustard Grass Mix - 08.12.11 by Local Zero
1.Tornado Wallace - Underground Sugar Caves (Version Idjut)
2.James Johnston - Haze
3.Axel Boman - Europa
4.Mic Newman - Recorded in the Garage
5.Manuel Tur - The Traveller
6.Lovebirds – Keep It Coming (Axel Boman Remix)
7.Sumsuch – Elounda Morning (South West Seven Remix)
8.Sleep D - Mustard (James Johnston Remix)
9.Jichael Mackson – The Grass Is Always Greener
10.Ben Sun – Path Of Non-Attachment (Tyson Ballard & Vincenzo Mix)
11.Sumsuch – Leaving Her
12.James Johnston - Before I Sleep Tonight
Sunday, 4 December 2011
Eats Everything Essential Mix-SAT-11-26-2011 by EatsEverything
Thursday, 1 December 2011
God we're SO excited about this party. Everything is on track for an absolutely brilliant night in a stunning location, the perfect setting for a truly memorable NYE.
If you want to be there, then be warned over half the tickets sold in 2 weeks and we're down to the last 70 already so I suggest you get your self sorted soon or you could find you miss the boat. You can only get a ticket from Ran$om Note the venue will be announced the week leading up to the party by email to all guests.
The music promises to be of the highest quality with Deep and Techy house grooves combined with some fresh Disco tinged productions and out and out club classics from 10-4.
Andy G has long been in search of the perfect beat and I was excited to hear he recently took his vinyl out of storage and has been delving through it over the past few weeks unearthing gems from his years spent in Ibiza as a resident at Bora Bora and the infamous Electricsex. I'm hoping we'll hear one or two of the 'Rude Boy tunes' he has rocked the white isle with over the years.
Neil Brown is off to Belarus this weekend and will be checking out the scene there with Maceo Plex on Saturday. An exciting weekend which should result in plenty of inspiration for his NYE set opening up alongside Andy G.
Rich Harmer has been working hard on his new label Black Key Records which recently unleashed it's first vinyl offering from the brilliant Jonny Cade. You can check it out here and grab yourself a copy if you like.
Rich has also mixed a little preview ahead of the party. Plenty of depth and a real treat for the house heads amongst you.
Secret NYE preview mix - mixed by Rich Harmer by Rich Harmer
I'm staying tight lipped about what I might play as I am pretty undecided at this point, although there are a swathe of tracks on the list and I have no idea how I'm gonna rule any out, vast amounts to choose from that are all so good.
Looking forward to a really great party!
Monday, 28 November 2011
Local Zero's Saucy Sub 100 Mix by Local Zero
Slo Mo Soul & Deep Disco mix from 84 to 100 bpm. Some of these tracks are available as free downloads so please click the links to download & leave a comment or buy the tracks you like.
1. Jeffrecloose – Romantic Remedy
2. Jeffrecloose – Feelings Will Endure
3. Jhelisa – Friendly Pressure (Leftside Wobble Edit)
4. Isaac Hayes – Joy (DJ Butcher Edit)
5. Kool & The Gang – Summer Madness (Onur Engin Edit)
6. The Police – Darkness (ByDesign Edit)
7. Matthew Kyle – Get Cha
8. Palov & Mishkin – Re-De-Troit
9. Domes – Who You Are
10. Baresi – NY Eyes
11. Matthew Kyle – Jill & Anthony
12. The Glue – Without You
13. 78 Edits – Forever
14. Toto – Georgy Porgy (Satin Jackets & Chris Jylkke Edit)
Saturday, 19 November 2011
Just a quickie - if you are around Brighton tonight get yourselves along to this one at The Tube. Line up is spot on and it's gonna be great to hear Duff if he's anything like as good as this mix is. Check it out.
Duff Disco's Main Room Mix! :) - May by duffdisco
Wednesday, 16 November 2011
Twisted Disco 4 by Local Zero
1. Yse Saint Laur’ant – Harmonius Discord [Pickpocket]
2. Rocco Raimundo – Give Me Love [House of Disco]
3. Project Club – Get Up & Clap Your Hands [Project Tempo]
4. L'Equipe du Son - Lesson 1 (The Legendary 1979 Orchestra Remix)[Silhouette Music]
5. The Glue – Real Good Luvin [Kolour Ltd]
6. Crazy P – Never Gonna Reach Me (Hot Toddy Remix) [20:20]
7. The Groovers – All Night [House of Disco]
8. Kastil – For Your Pleasure [Diner City Sounds]
9. Katzuma - Music Is Made For Love [Kinjo]
10. Chaz Jankel - My Occupation (Tony Johns Edit)
11. Groove Armada – The Girls Say Good Times
12. Hot Toddy – Down To Love [Smoke & Mirrors]
13. Kastil – Disco Flavour [Diner City Sounds]
Tuesday, 15 November 2011
. Andrew Weatherall at Disco Deviant (28 Oct 2011) by The Unity Agency
If you are up for a night out this coming Saturday you could do a lot worse than joining us at The Tube on Brighton Seafront. We have put together a brilliant line up for our final DD party of 2011.
Duff Disco, Alphabet City, Lowlife's very own Matthew Burgess will all be joining Pablo Contraband & Neil Brown for the night.
Promises to be a bit special, the dinkiest little venue with a tip top sound system and a plethora of able selectors providing the tunes... all we need now is YOU on the dancefloor.
10.30pm - 4am - The Tube, Kings Arches, Brighton Seafront.
I've made it half way through November without shaving above my top lip so thought I'd dedicate this house mix to my truely ludicrous moustache. Click the link to buy the tracks you like. If you feel like making a Movember donation for the Prostate cancer charity please email email@example.com
Local Zero's Movember Mix 2011 by Local Zero
1.Alain Ho & Alex Arnout – Into A Deep (Hot Toddy Remix) [The Exquiste Pain]
2.Maceo Plex – Stay High Baby [Ellum Audio]
3.Fulbert - First Time House [Local Talk]
4.Runaway - Chapter 1 [On The Prowl]
5.Moodymanc vs Jamie Finlay – People Circulate (Moodymanc Dub) [Development Music]
6.FCL – Matrix Plus [Delusions of Grandeur]
7.2 Bears - Church (Midland Remix) [Southern Fried]
8.Mark E – Call Me (Dixon Edit) [Innervisions]
9.SouthWestSeven – Bustin [Seven Music]
10.Phreek Plus One - Passion (DJ T Remix) [Compost]
11.Daniel Solar – A Walk In The Park [Dikso]
12.Modern Walker – It’s (Alex V Remix) [Sophisticate]
13.Bryan Ferry – Alphaville (Todd Terje Remix) [Vinyl Factory]
Tuesday, 8 November 2011
So this weekend see's Pablo celebrating his birthday in fine style at Disco Deviant. A dream line up for anyone with a penchant for disco & boogie. Greg Wilson is the Godfather of the scene having pioneered editing techniques, beat matching and live effects decades before we could all have a go digitally. His razor and his Revox reel to reel will still be in evidence on Friday night.
Rayko on the other hand is very much of the digital age and uses the technology to his advantage. He doesn't play house music at all and has his sights set on keeping the 80's boogie and electro funk sounds alive and kicking on todays dance floors. He has produced 100's of edits, remixes and original productions over the years and has an army of 9'000 soundcloud followers as a result of his work.
We're looking forward to dancing till our feet hurt on Friday Night at Audio. Advance tickets are £8 and are available from the following shops & online outlets:
Rounder Brighton Sq. 01273 325440
Resident Kensington Gdns 01273 606312
Here's an hour of Greg's set from the last time he visited us in Feb to get you in the mood. HAPPY Birthday Pablo :)
Greg Wilson @ DISCO DEVIANT BRIGHTON 25.02.11 by Pablo Contraband
Thursday, 3 November 2011
Scratch Pro 2 back in stock at Juno
Supa Sexy Slo Mo Soul & Funky Deep Disco. Dedicated to my lovely wife Cassie
Local Zero's Sexy Sub 100 Mix by Local Zero
1. Harald Melven & The Blue Notes – You Know How To Make Me (Lee Cadena Edit)
2. Don Cherry - Universal Mother [Atlantic]
3. John Lee Hooker - Homework (Hansi’s Fancy Hunk Edit)
4. Isaac Hayes – Storm Is Over (Domes Edit)
5. Sylvia Striplin - You Can't Turn Me Away [UMD7001]
6. Tony Joe White - Thing About you Baby (Psychemagik Edit)
7. Barry White - It's Only Love Doing It's Thing (Joseph Terruel Edit)
8. Deadly Sins – I Can’t Forget [7 Sins Vol.1]
9. Notorius B.I.G. - The World is Filled (Casual Encounters Edit)
10. Al Green - Georgia Boy (James DB's Make It Funky Edit)
11. Cymande – Going Down (Stupid Human Edit)
12. Eddie C – When the Wind Blows
13. Yse Saint Laur’ant – Slow Joe [Pick Pocket]
14. Alphabet City – People
15. AWB & Ben E King - Star in the Ghetto (Stupid Human Edit)
Wednesday, 2 November 2011
Mr. Weatherall certainly did the business on Friday night, amazing selection of obscure gems, a unique sound from one of my favourite characters. Big thanks to all of you that made it along, really made my night no doubt Andrew will be back in 2012.
A recording was made on the night and part one is Pablo Contraband's opening set. Listen Here Weatherall's set will follow shortly.
OK so November see's a couple of DD nights to finish the year with before our secret bash on NYE.
Friday Nov 11th : Pablo's Birthday with Greg Wilson & Rayko @ Audio - Mega line up, tickets are now available in the shops, Rounder 01273 325440 & Resident as well as online via RA & R$N
Pablo celebrates his birthday with a proper disco and boogie night with two of the scenes biggest names on the same line up. Grab your tickets soon as it does usually get pretty busy whenm Greg Wilson is in town! There are a handful of £7 tickets left on R$N.
Saturday Nov 19th - Duff Disco, Alphabet City, Matthew Burgess (Lowlife) with Neil Brown & Pablo Contraband @ The Tube, Kings arches. 10.30-4am £5 door
The Tube has started its new Saturday series really well with Wolf Music & Schtumm both delivering a couple of brilliant parties on the Seafront. We hope to continue in the same vein and have put a great line up together for our launch night there. The venue is altogether better than it used to be with a nicer look, sound and feel. Hope to see loads of you there. Hit me up for £4 guest list.
That is it for 2011 from us. With the exception of our Secret NYE party. It is another guest list only affair for friends & their friends only and we will announce the venue on the week of the party via email. It is in central Brighton and we have chosen a very nice venue to see in the beginning of 2012. We will of course install a superb soundsystem and the DJ's are all booked. As ever you can expect the finest in Deep House & Disco. For more details / invites drop us a line.
That is all for November.
See you soon
Sunday, 30 October 2011
Fresh off the press is a recording from Friday night's party in Brighton. Pablo played before and after Andrew Weatherall. Here's the first part of the night. A nice selection of disco meets dark electronic beats.
Pablo Contraband @ Disco Deviant (Oct 28 2011) by The Unity Agency
Pocket Porn Dub - Renegade Sound Wave
Broadway - Rayko
Bunching - Mosca
Darwin - Bicep
Party - Evil K'neil (aka Neil Diablo)
Badabing (Diskjokke mix) - Martin Brodin
Red Right Hand (Rio Lobotomy Ops) - Nick Cave
Call Me (Dixon edit) - Mark E
The Drummer (Danny Daze mix) - Niki & The Dove
Tomorrows Bringing (Bicep mix) - Toby Tobias
Dub is all you need - Jon Dasilva
Indoor Pool (Soft Rocks mix) - Runaway
I'm into this - Homework
Living the Life (Aba Therapy mix) - Art Dept ft Seth Troxler
Baby I got it (Richy Ahmed mix) - Miguel Campbell
Twirl & the Beanstalk - Tornado Wallace
Creeper - Deepgroove
Musique Noir (Jamie Jones edit) - James Teej & Jonny White
Our thanks to The Unity Agency
Pablo Contraband DJ Bookings / Disco Deviant club events contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, 26 October 2011
Monday, 24 October 2011
Free heat here in the form of a 15 track 'album' from the ever elusive Tiger and Woods camp. Fortunately, there isn't a golf club in sight and the album features a selection of edits of the disco, house, funk and soul sounds that they have come to love. You can grab it here.
The tracks are also available to stream below.
Tiger and Woods "Wiki & Leaks" 01-15 by As You Like It
There are some nice suprises hiden here and their reworkings are never dull. "We love it when you discover something new in a song you already know. If the edit is just meant to "fix the beat" or just extend it, then it's not our cup of tea".
Fill your boots.
Some of you will be familiar with the name Kelley Polar from his previous collaborations with Metro Area's Darshan Jesrani and Morgan Geist on tracks like 'Miura', 'Dance Reaction' and 'Caught Up'.
After a three year break, Polar is back with his latest release on Geist's own 'Environ' label. Lead track 'I'm Not What You Want' features the vocals of Junior Boys frontman Jeremy Greenspan but its 'Nocturne' on the flip that pushes the buttons for us. Emilia Logik provides the voacals on this haunting duet that is every bit as forward thinking as Polar's previous releases. A proper piece of modern day synth-pop.
Sunday, 23 October 2011
Thursday, 20 October 2011
House mix from 112 to 116BPM with hot new tracks from James Johnston, Kid Who, Genius of Time, Craig Bratley, Pscyhemagik & Tornado Wallace. Click the links to buy the tracks you like. Thanks. x
Local Zero's Drifting Back Mix (19.10.11) by Local Zero
1. In Flagranti - Hallow Discourse (Fabrizio Mammerella Remix)
2. Ejeca - Tetra [Tusk One]
3. Tornado Wallace - Don't Look Back [Delusions of Grandeur]
4. James Johnston - Witness The Invisible [Under The Shade]
5. James Johnston - Love is Real [Under The Shade]
6. Kid Who - Cadenza [Pizzico Nobel]
7. Psychemagik - Beauty & Bass
8. Discodromo - Viaggio verso Pegaso (Ichisan & Nokova Remix)
9. JKriv & Lou Teti - Elisco (Leftside Wobble Remix) [Deep & Disco]
10. Genius Of Time - Drifting Back [Clone Royal]
11. Fantastic Man - Don't Worry, It's Just Me [Wolf Music]
12. Kid Who - Ursa Major [Pizzico Nobel]
13. Craig Bratley - Get Up [Foto]
14. The Tortoise - Last Night (Genius Of Time Remix) [Undertones]
Monday, 17 October 2011
Up for it house & disco mix I made for my brother's 30th recently. A bit more upbeat than the usual deeper mixes. 120 to 126 bpm. Click the links to buy the tracks.
Local Zero's Naked Party Mix by Local Zero
1. Land Afar – Trip 2
2. Homework - Hudson Square
3. Shake Aletti - Inside Out – (In Flagranti Remix)
4. Richy Ahmed & S.A.S. – Pick Up The Pace
5. Camel - Jellyjazz (Mr Ho Remix)
6. Martin Dawson – Soft Synth (La Fleur Remix)
7. Agent 86 – So Hot (Space Ranger Remix)
8. Crazy P – Disc Odyssey
9. Hercules & Love Affair – Blind (Frankie Knuckles Mix)
10. Womack & Womack – Teardrops (Project Tempo Remix)
11. Crazy P – Open For Service (Hot Toddy Remix)
12. Moodymanc – Joy
13. Miguel Campbell – Kiss & Tell
Friday, 14 October 2011
Soundcloud blocked it for copyright. They won't stop me posting it here though.
100 downloads only
Fresh selection from Pablo Contraband.
'More about the tracks and the flow than anything - have been wanting to record a selection of music that I feel totally connected with from start to finish. This most definitely qualifies'
my sweet prince - placebo
looter - ron basejam
once upon a time (sour grapes mix) - dorothy's ghost
sutphin boulevard (bicep mix) - blood orange
whipped cream (darabi mix) - homework
fianchetto (edit) - radical majik
lang tung ting - prins thomas
indoor pool (soft rocks mix) - runaway
twirl & the beanstalk - tornado wallace
boogie thru the night - sleazy mcqueen
red right hand (rio lobotomy mix) - nick cave & the bad seeds
living the life (abu therapy mix) - art department ft. seth troxler
baby i got it (richy ahmed mix) - miguel campbell
metro bunker - ryan crosson
berlin sunrise (lee jones mix) - fink
Monday, 10 October 2011
Turn the music up is a straight shot of boogie with a funk chaser. I like it!
Turn the music up (rayko edit) [free download] by Rayko
I have this one from Bill Brewster's Secret Weapons series. Here Rayko has put his spin on the track 80's loopy stomp with a hint of Miami Vice in the guitars. Not everyone's cuppa Rosie but hey you don't have to download it.
Voices (Rayko edit)
Voices (rayko power krokett edit) [free download] by Rayko
It's Pablo Contraband's birthday and he's throwing one hell of a party to celebrate it with.
Greg Wilson is everything that we love at Disco Deviant, he always comes along and gives us one hell of a performance, surpassing our expectations and sending us home with a massive smile and a load of great memories. He has been instrumental in cementing the night's popularity in Brighton and loves playing here.
Rayko will be jetting in from Madrid and dropping some of his bombs upon us all. Rayko's brand of electronic boogie and disco restyled to suit today's dancefloor have made him very popular. His legion of soundcloud followers are testament to that fact and he is currently a very busy DJ & Producer playing gigs all around the globe.
Being that it's Pablo's birthday it's only natural he will be playing a set at some point in the proceedings to mark the occasion.
Expect that tickets will go pretty quickly for this one so don't hang about.
Available online from:
Rounder Brighton Sq. 01273 325440
Resident Kensington Gdns 01273 606312
Sunday, 9 October 2011
Disco Deviant were treated to an absolutely sublime aural feast last time Andrew Weatherall graced the decks for us back in April.
We have been loving Mr Weatherall's style for over 2 decades now and he still cuts it for us having been consistently impressive with some amazing remixes of recent. We're happy to have him back to headline for us again at Audio.
The last event was superb and totally sold out in advance, so we are expecting more of the same this time too.
Pablo Contraband will be warming things up for us and setting the tone for what promises to be another quality Disco Deviant party.
Tickets are £7.50 in advance from
Resident, Kensington Gardens 01273 606312
Rounder, Brighton Sq 01273 325440
Or online via RA
THE RAN$OM NOTE
Looking forward to Lord Sabre's return
Andrew Weatherall at Disco Deviant (04.2011) by The Unity Agency
Wednesday, 5 October 2011
New EP from House of Disco featuring 4 tracks from various artists that I'm assuming are favourites of theirs is set to drop on vinyl shortly and here's where you can pre-order yours. The last one was a really good vinyl release selling a fair whack before they let it go out on digital.
They have been running an excellent site for a while now that sends its subscribers a track almost every day of the week, as well as featuring guest mixes and interviews from artists around the globe. Great place to check in if you are a fan of House and Disco. Click here
They also co-run a monthly session in Dalston under the guise of Savage Pony at the recently re-furbed Junction Room. Last month they had Tornado Wallace join them in testing the frequencies of the all new sound system, it's safe to say it passed the acid test. This month see's Toby Tobias guesting with the option of 2 rooms to choose from playing in. The basement has now opened its doors for business and will add another dimension to the venue. Why not take a trip down there on Friday Oct 14th and see for yourself. Savage Pony kicks off at 9pm and keeps going deep into the early hours - amazingly it's FREE.
Monday, 3 October 2011
Another pricey piece of plastic in the form of Sadistic EP #1 from COS / MES. Fairly decent A side with a more cosmic track on the flip. Ships from Funiki Japan via Juno at £13.99
Next up another Japanese import this time from Scotland based Lord of the Isles. Pacific Afinity EP is a lovely 5 track release worthy of the £13.99 price tag in my opinion. Lovely soundscapes, slo mo beats and ambient atmospherics as well as some acidic grooviness pepper the EP and make this purchase all the more alluring. A COS/MES remix finishes the B-Side with a pumping dancefloor version of To & Fro.
Friday, 30 September 2011
If you are digging the 80's Jack/Chicago sound that seems to be getting plenty of plays at the moment then don't miss this one. Jon Dasilva has taken this 1987 Chicago track and given it a fresh edit that gives the track a modern edge.
It's in my sets right now and you can grab it for free at the moment right here
ESP - Lets Move (Jon Dasilva Edit) Free D/L
Thursday, 29 September 2011
This one from Miguel Campbell really does it for me 3 track release Baby I got it comes in its excellent original format along with a trippy dubbed out remix from Richy Ahmed on the flip. Very cool acid pulses and deep basslines punctuate the vocal loop. Both mixes are winners.
The real gem from where I'm sat is Something Special, the second track on the A-side fuses a superb uplifting female vocal with a deep groove that is somehow tainted with melancholy, not in the way that I find contrived or flat either, some of the Art Dept collaborations earlier in 2011 did nothing for me but this is absolute dynamite and I'm excited to play this one out. Grab it on plastic now. Miguel Campbell - Baby I got it
He's in Brighton this Friday Night at Audio so maybe you can see him play for real TICKETS
Mark E Call Me
Superb new release from Mark E on his own merc imprint. Mark E - Call Me is in itself a pretty solid track with leanings towards deep house with a motown vocal sample. Dixon turns in a really nice edit on the flip side too. However for me the genius comes in the shape of Tensnakes remix. He's thrown down a 2 step mix which lends more credibility to the 90's garage sound making its presence felt in today's clubs. Kieran Hebden has certainly given hope to the secret garage enthusiasts with his recent Fabric mix and this track will be getting serious plays around the globe. It's Massive.
Sunday, 25 September 2011
Take a listen and fair enough Com Truise has put a pretty tasty EP together there, available on a limited Red Vinyl via Ghostly International US. So it's an import on red vinyl, probably gonna be a tenner plus.
Ahem... £20.99 at Juno - Either that's a pricing error or they are taking the piss. Go grab yours now
Com Truise - Fairlight
Personally I bought a copy of Miguel Campbell's new one on Hot Creations superb little release with a sound I'm much more into. I love Something Special and am tempted to go check him out at the next Moody Disco party at Audio shortly.
Miguel Campbell - Baby I got it
Saturday, 24 September 2011
A mix of heady deep house for those private moments when you just wanna get drawn into the groove. Perfect for headphones last at night or out running or cycling. As ever click on the links to buy the tracks you like. Enjoy.
1. Tyson Ballard – Little Too Much (Ben Sun Remix) [Voyeurhythm]
2. Session Victim – Memory Lane [Retreat]
3. Quarion – Mysteries of Time [Retreat]
4. Francis Inferno Orchestra – All Up In This Shit [Kolour]
5. Miguel Migs feat Evelyn Champagne King – Everybody (Kid Who Italo Dub) [Om]
6. Andrew Weatherall – Brother Johnson’s Travelling Disco Consultancy
7. Nicholas – When I Think About U (Hauke Freer Remix) [Foul & Sunk]
8. Mankind – Marimba on Toast [Redux]
9. Ben Sun – Salty Tears [Voyeurhythm]
10. The Tortoise – Last Night [Undertones]
11. Luminodisco – Too Night [Forthcoming on House of Disco]
12. Till Von Sein & Aera - Dynamite [Pets]
13. The Tortoise – She Took The Tortoise Home (Genius Of Time Remix) [Undertones]
Wednesday, 14 September 2011
Deep acid disco & house made with a stack of crackin new tracks from some of my favourite labels: Kolour, Join the Dots, Running Back & the awesome new EP forthcoming on House of Disco. Made with love, a turntable, a mixer & a couple of CDJs. Flexing from 109 to 115bpm. If you like the tracks please click the links to buy & support the artists.
Brighton folk: catch Local Zero this friday at Audio's 7th Birthday along Pablo Contraband, Alphabet City & the incredible James Zabiela.
Local Zero's September Mix 2011 (Love Gun) by Local Zero
1. The Groovers – All Night [Forthcoming on House of Disco]
2. The Glue – Real Good Luvin'[Kolour Ltd 007]
3. Rocco Ramundo – Give Me Your Love [Forthcoming on House of Disco]
4. Suzanne Kraft – Morning Come [Running Back]
5. Marvin Gaye - Funky Space Reincarnation (Ooft! Remix) [L.E.S.S.]
6. Frank Booker – Tell Them [Wonderful Noise]
7. Luvless – Surrender [Rose Records]
8. Luminodisco – Too Night [Forthcoming on House of Disco]
9. Marius – Love Gun (6th h Borough Project Rmx)[Maxi Discs]
10. Andrew Weatherall – Brother Johnson’s Travelling Disco Consultancy
11. Francis Inferno Orch – I Need It (Fantastic Man’s Electric Boogaloo Remix)
12. Francis Inferno Orchestra – Go Easy On Me Girls [Kolour]
13. O Children - Heels (Mugwump Dub) [Unreleased]