Google+

Pages

Thursday 29 September 2011

DD Recommended Vinyl




This one from Miguel Campbell really does it for me 3 track release Baby I got it comes in its excellent original format along with a trippy dubbed out remix from Richy Ahmed on the flip. Very cool acid pulses and deep basslines punctuate the vocal loop. Both mixes are winners.

The real gem from where I'm sat is Something Special, the second track on the A-side fuses a superb uplifting female vocal with a deep groove that is somehow tainted with melancholy, not in the way that I find contrived or flat either, some of the Art Dept collaborations earlier in 2011 did nothing for me but this is absolute dynamite and I'm excited to play this one out. Grab it on plastic now. Miguel Campbell - Baby I got it

He's in Brighton this Friday Night at Audio so maybe you can see him play for real TICKETS

Mark E Call Me




Superb new release from Mark E on his own merc imprint. Mark E - Call Me is in itself a pretty solid track with leanings towards deep house with a motown vocal sample. Dixon turns in a really nice edit on the flip side too. However for me the genius comes in the shape of Tensnakes remix. He's thrown down a 2 step mix which lends more credibility to the 90's garage sound making its presence felt in today's clubs. Kieran Hebden has certainly given hope to the secret garage enthusiasts with his recent Fabric mix and this track will be getting serious plays around the globe. It's Massive.

No comments: