Google+

Pages

Sunday 27 March 2011

DFP Essential mix

  Dimitri From Paris - BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix - 19.03.2011 by djmixes
In case you missed this one from Dimitri on Radio 1 or the BBC website, then here it is courtesy of dj mixes on soundcloud. It has been a decent couple of weeks with Soul Clap & DFP joining the hallowed legion of Essential Mixers.

Great track selection from Dim, swings from Disco to House and even a little electro tinged in places, sounds very French somehow too, I think it's fun and although slightly commercial for some of my mate's taste, I like Dimitri From Paris.


His edit of Prince - I Wanna be your Lover is currently wedged firmly in my sets since hearing Greg drop it for us at Audio, the intro is from a live performance and initially puts people off, but it's great to see the crowd reaction begin to change as they realise what's coming next. Big plays from me.


Buy it on vinyl only 4 great tracks in total - some 60's and Soul edits - I recommend highly.

No comments: